- OFFICIAL (IMO) NUMBER: 73189900
- MMSI NUMBER: 338441000
- HULL NUMBER: 375/AGOR-21
- BUILT BY: Halter Marine Services New Orleans, Louisiana
- OPERATIONAL: 1974, Remodeled in 1980-84 with the addition
of a new deckhouse.
- CALL SIGN: KJCL
- CLASSIFICATION SOCIETY: ABS
- LENGTH OA: 182 ft - 55.47 m
- BEAM: 36 ft - 10.97 m
- FREEBOARD TO WORKING DECK: 1.4 m
- MAX. DRAFT: 12 ft - 4 m
- TONNAGE (LONG TONS): 292 gross,
197 net, 946 displacement.
- SPEED: Maximum, 11.5 knots; cruising,
9.5; minimum continuously variable to 0.
- FUEL CAPACITY: 86,000 gallons (278
- WATER CAPACITY: 8,600 gallons
- EVAPORATORS: 2 Maxims, 60 GPH, (6
- CLEAN WATER: Uncontaminated sea
water available in main lab.
- RANGE, NOMINAL: 8,000 miles
- ENDURANCE: 21 days nominal, 35 days
- COMPLEMENT: Scientists/technicians
23, crew 14
- MAIN PROPULSION: Twin Diesel Caterpillars
Model 398D, reduction gear drive to Liaaen variable pitch
propellors; 850 HP each shaft.
- BOW THRUSTER: Electric/hydraulic
drive, continuously variable speed, through transverse tunnel
- SHIP SERVICE GENERATORS: Twin diesel
Caterpillars model 379B, 300 KVA each, giving primary power
of 440 VAC, 3 PHASE.
- AUXILIARY GENERATOR: 60 KVA located
on upper deck
- POWER AVAILABLE: 440 VAC 3 PH; 110
VAC 1 PH and 3 PH; limited amount of 220 VAC. Power isolation
and regulation available for scientific use in main and
electronics laboratories. 7KVA UPS equipped.
- COMPRESSED AIR: Ship's service air
available at selected points in the working areas.
- WATER: Hot/cold fresh and salt water
available in laboratory areas and on deck.
- SEWAGE: Disposal via holding tanks.
- Navigational Equipment: Radar Loran SatNav
Gyro EMLog DopLog
- Communications Equipment: Fax SatCom
- Satellite Communications Equipment:
- GPS: Unknown
- Furuno Universal AIS FA-100
- Magnavox MX200 GPS Navigator
- Magnavox MX420 GPS Navigator
- Furuno GPS Navigator GP-90 Tokimec
- TD 201 Doppler Log Compaq Presario
(NAV Comp) 56,000 CL
- Furuno Videosonar FCV-271
- Furuno RDP-122 Radar
- Furuno RDP-060 Radar
- VH1 - ICOM
- Mitsubishi - M-Sat
- Iridium KVH Track Phone Mini-M Fleet
33 - 881-621-449-967
- Furuno Fax 210 Weather Fax Vantage
Pro Davis Instruments - Weather Station
- Ratheon SP-1; CESP III; PTR; PDD
- Sub-bottom Profiler
- Best Power - Power conditioner
- Echosounders: Raytheon 3kHz 12kHz
- Sonar Type: Unknown
- REFRIGERATORS/FREEZERS: Chest and
upright refrigerators/freezers in labs.
- COMPUTER/DATA LOGGING: TCP/IP network,
2 pentium4 PC's in Lab
- VANS: Deck space for one standard-size
van is available on the main deck aft. A (10'x12') reefer/freezer
van is on board.
- DECK AREA: 181 m2 Oceanographic
machinery and equipment can be mounted to the deck utilizing
1" bolts on a 2' grid with no welding requirement.
- LABORATORY AREAS: Wet Labs Area:
15 m2, Dry Lab Area: 81 m2, Space for container lab: 3 x
- A-FRAMES: Two heavy-duty hydraulically-actuated
A-Frames are located on the stern, one facing aft over the
stern and the other over the starboard quarter. They are
both rated at 15 tons.
- CRANES: A Nautilus fully-articulated
hydraulic crane is situated on the port side of the fantail.
It has 360 degree rotation, and a 2.5 tons capacity at the
full extension of 36'.
- WINCHES: The coring winch is an
electric/hydraulic Northernline Model 3355 EHHOW, located
on the main deck aft for stern or starboard quarter heavy-duty
operations. Wire length is about 4,000m of half-inch three
strand torque balanced wire with a SWL of 6 tons. At mid-range,
the drum has 30,000 lbs of line pull at 60m/minute (low
range), or 8000 lbs of line pull at 200m/minute (Low range).
- Two CTD/"hydro" winches are located
on the starboard side, amidships, on the upper deck. They
lead overboard through paired hydraulic-powered gallows,
and are used for medium-duty operations. One is a modified
Northernline model 3353 EHLOW, SCR/DC drive, spooling 23,000'
of 5/16" conductor cable (SWL 2 tons). At bare-drum it pulls
3,500lbs at 500ft/minute. The other is a Markey model DESH-5,
SCR/DC drive, spooling 30,000' of 5/16" conductor cable.
It has two speed ranges; at mid-drum on low speed, it pulls
7,000lbs at 298ft/minute; on high speed, it pulls 5,000lbs