R/V Proteus is a multi-use vessel suited for a wide variety of oceanographic research duties. The Proteus is outfitted with TDI-Brooks’ complete geotechnical tool kit including our suite of innovative geotechnical tools for soil sampling and measurement . These include our 0.5 and 1 meter box corers (BC), 6 and 9 meter piston corers (PC), 20 meter jumbo piston corers (JPC), cyclic t-bar instrument (TBAR) and piezocone penetrometers including our 40 meter CPT-Stinger and our 10 meter Gravity CPT tool (gCPT).
- Seabed Geotechnical Coring and Measurements
- Seabed Geochemical “Seep-Hunting” (SGE)
- Seabed Heat Flow Surveys (HF)
- 2DHR Seismic Multi Channel Geophysical Site Surveys
- Pipeline Damage Assessments and Inspection
- Offshore Cable Route Surveys
The R/V Proteus is equipped with satellite communications (phone and internet access), differential GPS, geophysical survey gear and large a-frames with high-speed winches for coring or geotechnical work. The Proteus is in ABS class and had an extensive technical refit in 2009 and 2014 making her ready for extended voyages.
Our field services are supplemented by high quality environmental, geochemical and geotechnical laboratories with a staff of nearly one-hundred individuals including fourteen Ph.D. level oceanographers, geochemists, biologists and geologists.
DOWNLOAD PROTEUS SPECIFICATION SHEET HERE
|Operator||TDI-Brooks International, Inc.|
|Registry||Vanuatu, Port Vila|
|Home Port||Freeport, TX|
|Radio Call Sign||YJTP5|
TDI-Brooks has over 20 years of vessel chartering and management experience and currently operates four research vessels, Gyre, Brooks McCall, Miss Emma McCall and Proteus. These are multi-use vessels suited for a wide variety of oceanographic research duties.
The TDI-Brooks fleet is operated within a robust Safety Management System and all vessels are regularly vetted by client marine assurance groups and a part of the OCIMF Offshore Vessel Inspection Database (OVID).
You can find the various certifications for the R/V Proteus below:
- Certification of Registry – RVP COD
- Safety Management Certificate – RVP SMC
- International Anti-Fouling System – RVP AFS
- Bunker, Oil Pollution Damage Certificate – RVP BBLU
- International Ballast Water Management Certificate – RVP BWMC
- ABS Certificate of Classification – RVP CC
- Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR) – RVP CSR
- International Ship Safety Certificate – RVP ISSC
- Cargo Ship Safety Certificate – RVP CSSC_ASE
- Cargo Ship Safety Radio Certificate – RVP CSSRC ase
- Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance – RVP DMLC1
- International Air Pollution Prevention – RVP IAPP
- IBS International Air Pollution Prevention – RVP IAPP_ASE
- IBS International Air Pollution Prevention RVP IOPPase
- Certificate of Liability Insurance – RVP INSC
- Endorsement for Annual and Intermediate Surveys – RVP IOPP
- International Tonnage Certificate – RVP ITC
- International and Regulatory Tonnages – RVP TRCL
- International Load Line Certificate – rvp ILL 2020 ase
- International Sewage Pollution Prevention – RVP Marpol4
- Ship Radio Station License – RVP RSL