R/V Proteus is a multi-use vessel suited for a wide variety of oceanographic research duties. The Proteus is available for projects in Mexico, Northern South America (NSA) and West Africa . The Proteus is outfitted with TDI-Brooks’ complete geotechnical tool kit including 20m Jumbo Piston Core (JPC), 40m CPT-Stinger/Sampler along with our standard SGE, HF and EBS survey gear. The Proteus has a Kongsberg EM-710 (1x1) hull-mounted MBES for surveys to ~2,500m water depth.
The R/V Proteus is equipped with satellite communications (phone and internet access), differential GPS, geophysical survey gear and large a-frames with high-speed winches for coring or geotechnical work. The Proteus is in ABS class and had an extensive technical refit in 2009 and 2014 making her ready for extended voyages.
Our field services are supplemented by high quality environmental, geochemical and geotechnical laboratories with a staff of nearly one-hundred individuals including fourteen Ph.D. level oceanographers, geochemists, biologists and geologists.
|Operator||TDI-Brooks International, Inc.|
|Registry||Vanuatu, Port Vila|
|Home Port||Freeport, TX|
|Radio Call Sign||YJTP5|
TDI-Brooks has over 20 years of vessel chartering and management experience and currently operates four research vessels, Gyre, Brooks McCall, Miss Emma McCall and Proteus. These are multi-use vessels suited for a wide variety of oceanographic research duties.
The TDI-Brooks fleet is operated within a robust Safety Management System and all vessels are regularly vetted by client marine assurance groups and a part of the OCIMF Offshore Vessel Inspection Database (OVID).
You can find the various certifications for the R/V Proteus below:
- Certification of Registry – RVP COD
- Safety Management Certificate – RVP SMC
- International Anti-Fouling System – RVP AFS
- Bunker, Oil Pollution Damage Certificate – RVP BBLU
- International Ballast Water Management Certificate – RVP BWMC
- ABS Certificate of Classification – RVP CC
- Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR) – RVP CSR
- International Ship Safety Certificate – RVP ISSC
- Cargo Ship Safety Certificate – RVP CSSC_ASE
- Cargo Ship Safety Radio Certificate – RVP CSSRC ase
- Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance – RVP DMLC1
- International Air Pollution Prevention – RVP IAPP
- IBS International Air Pollution Prevention – RVP IAPP_ASE
- IBS International Air Pollution Prevention RVP IOPPase
- Certificate of Liability Insurance – RVP INSC
- Endorsement for Annual and Intermediate Surveys – RVP IOPP
- International Tonnage Certificate – RVP ITC
- International and Regulatory Tonnages – RVP TRCL
- International Load Line Certificate – RVP LL
- International Sewage Pollution Prevention – RVP Marpol4
- Ship Radio Station License – RVP RSL