The R/V GYRE is a multi-use vessel suited for a wide variety of oceanographic research duties. The GYRE is available for projects in Mexico, Northern South America (NSA) and West Africa. The GYRE is outfitted for 2DHR for site surveys, newly installed MBES (EM302/304), 20m Jumbo Piston Coring (JPC), 40m CPT-Stinger acquisition, deepwater geochemical and geotechnical coring, environmental assessments, metocean, heat flow and environmental baseline studies (EBS).
The R/V GYRE is equipped with satellite communications (phone and internet access), differential GPS, two heavy-duty hydraulically-actuated A-Frames with high-speed winches for geotechnical coring work.
Our field services are supplemented by high quality environmental and geotechnical laboratories with a staff of nearly one-hundred individuals including fourteen Ph.D. level oceanographers, geochemists, biologists and geologists.
|Operator||TDI-Brooks International, Inc.|
|Registry||Vanuatu, Port Vila|
|Home Port||Freeport, TX|
|Radio Call Sign||YJYX5|
TDI-Brooks has over 20 years of vessel chartering and management experience and currently operates four research vessels, Gyre, Brooks McCall, Miss Emma McCall and Proteus. These are multi-use vessels suited for a wide variety of oceanographic research duties.
The TDI-Brooks fleet is operated within a robust Safety Management System and all vessels are regularly vetted by client marine assurance groups and a part of the OCIMF Offshore Vessel Inspection Database (OVID).
You can find the various certifications for the R/V Gyre below:
- Evidence of Insurance – RVG BBLU
- Certificate of Liability – https://www.tdi-bi.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/COI-TDI-Brooks-International-2020-2021.pdf
- Ballast Water Management – RVG BWMC
- ABS Class Certificate – RVG CC
- Certificate of Registry – RVG COD
- Cargo Ship Safety Certificate – RVG CSSC_ASE
- Cargo Ship Safety Radio Certificate – RVG CSSRC
- Declaration of Maritime Labour Certificate – RVG DMLC1
- Declaration of Maritime Labor Compliance – RVG DMLC2
- International Air Pollution Prevention Certificate – RVG IAPP
- International Oil Pollution Prevention Certificate – RVG IOPP
- International Ship Safety Certificate – RVG ISSC
- International Tonnage Certificate – RVG ITC
- International Load Line Certificate – RVG LL
- International Sewage Polution Prevention Certificate – RVG Marpol4
- Ship Radio License – RVG RSL
- Regulatory Scheme for Tonnage Measurement – RVG TRCL